We are excited to share with you a fantastic presentation by Stephen Morris, who trained as a TEMC Tutor in 2021. Stephen implemented the TEMC course at the British International School Ukraine in his capacity as Head of EAL (he now works at Nord Anglia International School Hong Kong). Stephen was responsible for 3 campuses across 2 cities, ranging from EYFS to KS5, with a large majority of EAL students.
The school decided to implemented the TEMC course because it needed training that:
- offered a clear framework to developing EAL both in the classroom and across the whole school;
- was based on research;
- had an impact across the whole school and involved SLT in change;
- that was clear and relatable for the range of professional backgrounds at the school.
The impact on the school was profound:
- It led to better support of EAL students in the classroom and outside of it.
- It placed EAL as a core pillar of teaching that was the responsibility of everyone. 60% of teachers and assistant teachers were TEMC or TYCEMC trained.
- It created a common language and understanding of the needs of EAL students.
- It created a cycle of development.
- It facilitated sharing of knowledge.
Watch Stephen’s 10min presentation:
If you would like to talk to Stephen about his implementation of TEMC, don’t hesitate to get in touch with him via LinkedIn.
Thank you to the EAL Academy for collecting Stephen’s case study.