Are you considering training 4+ teachers? Why not host a Tutor Training at your school?
Hosting a Tutor Training is about collaborating with Lexis Education to coordinate the running of a successful Tutor Training at your school.
Why become a Host?
We welcome schools who would like to host a Tutor Training. To be a Host school, we expect that the hosting school will be sending at least four teachers to be trained as tutors. If your school cannot satisfy this requirement, then we have venues located at principal locations around the world and available at various times in the school year.
Hosts benefit in the following ways:
- Tutor Training occurs at your own school, giving you more control over the timing and location of the training. This means your school’s prospective Tutor/s will save on travel and accommodation costs.
- Your school will receive a 10% commission on gross income from the Tutor Training, covering the use of your facilities, the provision of a number of services and your time in working with us to promote and fill your program. The Host is not liable for any other costs, such as the Tutor Trainer’s costs.
- Your school will add to its credentials as an institution that values the professional development of not only their own teachers but the profession in general.
What does a Host do?
Hosts provide a catered venue and work with Lexis Education to promote the Tutor Training.
Promotion of the Tutor Training
Your intimate knowledge of your professional network of schools and colleagues will be a key factor in our success in recruiting participants for your Tutor Training.
As the Host, you work in partnership with us to fill places and support participants through the enrolment process. Using both our combined networks, this is usually a simple task and, of course, there is no cost or penalty to your school if the program does not proceed for any reason.
Provision of services
To support teachers during the Tutor Training, you will be responsible for providing:
- high quality training facilities that will contribute to a successful adult learning environment
- lunch, morning and afternoon refreshments on each day of the Tutor Training
- information on accommodation, local restaurants and things to do and see in your city and surrounds.
Our feedback shows that the provision of high quality services and facilities, combined with our Trainers’ expert delivery, will ensure a highly regarded and enjoyable professional development experience.
What does Lexis Education do?
Lexis Education supports you at all times in being a successful Host. We work with you and your staff from your initial interest through to the delivery of the Tutor Training.
Sharing the enrolment fees
In recognition of the vital and important role Hosts play in the success of the Tutor Training, the Host receives a commission of 10% of the total enrolment fees collected.
Providing support and resources
Lexis Education will be responsible for:
- providing a highly qualified and experienced Trainer to conduct the Tutor Training—the costs of the Trainer are a component of the enrolment fee
- supporting you and your staff in finding Tutor Training participants
- collecting all Tutor Training fees and keeping you informed of enrolment numbers and details
- contacting each participant to confirm or cancel
- supplying all required Tutor Training materials.
At the completion of the Tutor Training, Lexis Education:
- licenses successful Tutor Training graduates to deliver the Teacher Course
- remits 10% of the Tutor Training revenue directly to your school’s account.
How do you become a Host?
If you decide to become a Host and satisfy the requirement mentioned above, the process is as follows:
- If you have not already contacted a Tutor Trainer, then contact Lexis Education at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for one of our Trainers to get in touch with you to discuss your training needs, the quality of your venue and a suitable date for your Tutor Training. In considering dates you prefer, please consult our website to see the dates for any other venues in the region that have been arranged so far. We usually need at least 4 months for the process – from deciding the dates to the training starting.
- Once these decisions are made, we send you a ‘Hosting Agreement’, which will ask for your school’s contact people details, as well as bank details for transferring the Host payment.
- When Lexis Education receives the executed ‘Hosting Agreement’, your Tutor Training venue is posted on our website, allowing people to register. Lexis Education supports you in filling the places in your Tutor Training and ensuring that all appropriate preparations are made.
- You will be notified each time a person registers. Our Tutor Trainer will welcome the registrant with an email confirming registration. You are not required to do anything apart from noting the number of registrations and any dietary requirements.
- While people are registering, information about the venue ought to be organised by you as Host (see below) in collaboration with us. We will make this information available to people who have registered. We will also provide a program for the training, which can be negotiated with you (eg start and break times).
- Approximately six weeks before the Tutor Training date or as early as sufficient numbers are reached, you and Lexis Education jointly decide whether it will proceed—the decision is based on enrolment numbers. Payment advice is sent to the registrants as soon as a Tutor Training has been confirmed.
- Two weeks before the Tutor Training date, Lexis Education will confirm final numbers and send the appropriate training materials to you by courier.
What if you do not get enough enrolments?
On rare occasions, this does happen despite Lexis Education working diligently with you to achieving the agreed minimum numbers. However, if a decision is made to cancel the Tutor Training, all prospective participants will be personally informed of this decision and directed to where they may join another Tutor Training.
There is no risk to you or your school’s reputation and there are no costs involved if the Tutor Training does not go ahead.
Are you interested in hosting a Tutor Training at your school?
Get in touch at email@example.com.