14 teachers joined us at John Fawkner College last month to be trained as Tutors as part of the Literacy for Learning tutor training.
The school’s Principal, Mark Natoli, had great things to say about the program:
“I believe that the course will have a long lasting impact on effective teacher practice and improve student outcomes over the following years. There was not a person involved in the program who has not agreed that there are many strategies that they can implement in their teaching to improve student literacy skills”
More feedback from the participants:
- “This course is very valuable to me, the students and the school as it has broken down the aspects of how to approach teaching and learning”.
- “Lynette was knowledgable, engaging and inclusive. It was intense but well paced.”
- “A very valuable set of resources with engaging activities, very easily adapted to be used in my classrooms and to help colleagues plan for a more explicit exposure to literacy”.
- “I think this will add a great deal of value to student outcomes once translated into the curriculum / classroom”.
- “Engaging PD that was relevant which made it enjoyable. Lynette had great knowledge and expertise.”
- “It will be used in my subject area. Students have been struggling to apply literacy strategies. A whole school approach would be an effective way to make an impact.”
Want to learn more about the Literacy for Learning tutor training? Visit the program’s webpage or drop us a line at info[at]lexised.com.