We are thrilled to announce today the launch of the new versions/editions of the Teaching ESL students in mainstream classrooms (TESMC) and Literacy for learning (LfL) courses, respectively renamed:
- Teaching in English in multilingual classrooms (TEMC), and
- Language and literacy for learning (3L)
As you know, we believe that putting language and literacy at the very heart of teaching and learning is crucial if we want to improve learning outcomes for all students. Our proudest achievement is to see educators systematically leave our Tutor training courses feeling excited and ready to plan for their students’ success, and to see this pedagogy successfully translate in their classroom.
Over the years, we have observed dozens of classrooms, provided advice and support to schools looking to implement a whole-school approach, and refined our approach. The new TEMC and 3L courses reflect these latest developments, both in the theoretical underpinnings as well as in the practice of teachers.
We hope you enjoy the new content and design of TEMC and 3L, and we look forward to continuing supporting you and your students. Thank you for being part of this journey.
Brian Dare & John Polias
Directors, Lexis Education
The cutting-edge of language-based teacher professional development, Teaching in English in multilingual classrooms (TEMC), formerly known as TESMC, is our flagship course and our most popular option for international schools. It focuses on the needs of multilingual students and how to ensure their success in learning.
Who is it for?
- TEMC is aimed specifically at classroom teachers working with diverse student cohorts aged between 8 and 18 years.
- TEMC has particular benefit for teachers whose students are learning in a language that is not their primary language. This includes EAL coordinators, classroom teachers across the learning areas, and teaching assistants.
LfL is now 3L
Language and literacy for learning (3L), formerly known as LfL, improves literacy outcomes for students by putting language at the heart of an integrated, whole-school approach.
Who is it for?
- 3L is relevant to all classroom teachers in all contexts.
- 3L is aimed specifically at teachers working with students aged between 8 and 18 years.
Already a Tutor?
- Just order Participant manuals as you would usually do, and we’ll send you a brand new Tutor manual along with your order (minimum order amount: 10 Participant manuals). New manuals will be available at the end of September, but you can pre-order them now.
- If you wish to refresh your knowledge and skills, and attend a remote session of the new TEMC/3L Tutor training course, you are eligible for a 50% discount.
- If you are currently an LfL tutor, you can purchase the additional TEMC module (AUD400 + minimum order amount of 10 Participant manuals).