The How language works course supports teachers to:
- develop their understanding of the role language plays in constructing knowledge and in all facets of teaching and learning
- build on their knowledge of patterned ways of meaning making within and across genres and how this will help them to develop students’ language resources
- use their understanding of the differences between spoken and written language as a teaching and learning tool
- develop their ability to assess language explicitly and efficiently to support the learning of all students
- develop a teaching and learning cycle that provides opportunities for an explicit focus on language as part of a rich learning environment.